1. Information we Collect and how we use it:
We may collect and store both personal and non-personal information about you when you visit our Site and use the Service. We use this information to fulfill your requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to Service Providers that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising during and after your use of the Service, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and to comply with legal obligations.
Please also note:
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your ratings, reviews, comments, likes and bookmarks. We may display this information (“Public Content”) through the Service, share it with Service Providers, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third- party sites and services.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other Home-Security.com users, Service Providers, and Home-Security.com itself. While you may opt-out of receiving marketing messages from us, you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Home-Security.com or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange ratings or reviews for compensation. We may also record and/or store information that you provide through communications to us or to our third-party providers, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are an individual or agent of a Service Provider listed on Home-Security.com, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for the applicable Service Provider.
- Processes: Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
- Preferences: Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to use location-related data.
- Notifications: Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.
- Analytics: Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
- Cookies Management: It may be possible to disable some (but not all) Cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you.
3. Third Parties:
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Third-Party Providers: We may rely on third-party providers to support or provide some of the services that are available through the Service. We may also rely on third-party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third-party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third-party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on Home-Security.com and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on advertisements.
- Service Providers listed on Home-Security.com: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of the Service (such as which Service Providers you bookmark or call) with Service Providers listed on Home-security.com. You may adjust your settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that Service Providers may see your Public Content (as defined in Section 1(b) above) and receive information about your transactions with them, regardless of your settings. Additionally, if you make a phone call to a Service Provider through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share information about your call with the Service Provider that the Service Provider would have received had you called them directly, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number. You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share your phone number through your phone’s settings or phone service provider.
- Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public. If you flag or otherwise complain to Home-security.com about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links: The Service may contain links to unaffiliated third-party services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
4. Controlling Your Personal Data:
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, Home-security.com may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Service.
5. Data Retention:
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not intended for nor directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us (please contact us at the address listed below in Section 10). If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. European Users:
9. California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights:
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at the address listed below in Section 10.
10. Contact Information:
Secure Leads, LLC
651 N Broad St, Suite 205 #369
Middletown, Delaware 19709